This week's squad session takes place in Clondalkin Leisure Centre, Newlands Cross, Dublin from 10.00 - 4.00. Directions to the centre are below. The timetable for the session is as follows
10 - 11 Junior female individual pattern
11 - 12 Senior male and female individual pattern / Junior female power and special technique
12 - 1 Junior male individual pattern / Senior female power and special technique
1.15 - 1.45 Feedback session and update.
1.45 - 3.45 Sparring (all competitors)
All squad members regardless of the division they are competing in should be available for the feedback and update session. The fee for the session is €10
As discussed at the last squad session, the initial deposit of €300 is payable on Sunday. As we are booking flights for the squad next Monday, this deposit must be paid on Sunday.
The INTA Open takes place on 10/11 March and is an important part of the preparation for Slovenia as well as being one of the ranking tournaments for the 2013 squad. The deadline for entries is this Friday. Can you please check with your club instructor to ensure that you are entered in the event.
In line with our squad policy, if you are taking any prescribed medications on either a regular or temporary basis, please let Mr Leahy know. We will check them in line with anti-doping protocols and if necessary, work with you to secure a medical exemption certificate.
As discussed at the last squad session, we plan to change the National Team Uniform this year as the current uniform has been in place since 2008. For those people who purchased a uniform for Slovakia, we are conscious of adding additional expense in such a short period of time. For that reason, it is recommended but not mandatory that you purchase at least a tracksuit but this is not essential. Any competitors who were part of the squad prior to Slovakia, must purchase at least a tracksuit, t-shirt and kit bags. Additional t-shirts and hoodies will also be available to order. Guideline prices for the equipment are:
Track suit €45
Tee Shirt €15
These prices may change depending on our final orders but are reasonably accurate at this time.
All orders for the team uniform must be placed this weekend.
Directions to Clondalkin Leisure Centre
From Bewleys Hotel @ Newlands Cross
• At Newlands Cross, turn in to pass Bewley’s hotel on your left
• Continue straight through the traffic lights at the next junction, pass the Topaz garage on your left
• Continue straight through traffic lights at the next junction
• Continue straight crossing bridge and straight through the mini-roundabout
• At the large roundabout, Do a U-turn coming back onto the same road
• Take the first left turn
• The entrance to Clondalkin Leisure Centre is approximately 200 metres ahead on the right.
• The entrance is opposite a Gaelscoil (with a green railings) and there is a small brick wall at the gate. If you get to McDonalds you have gone too far.
Posted by Stephen Ryan