The final selection session for the squad to represent Ireland at the 2012 European Championships takes place this Saturday, 28 January in Clondalkin Leisure Centre, Newlands Cross, Dublin from 10.30 - 4.00. Directions to the centre are below. The purpose of the session is to assess and select competitors for places in both individual and team events in the squad to represent Ireland at this year's European Championships which take place in Slovenia from 19 - 22 April.
The session will run according to the following timetable
10.30 - 12.00 Junior male and female pattern / senior male and female power and special technique
12.00 - 1.30 Senior male and female pattern / junior male and female power and special technique
1.30 - 2.00 Break
2.00 - 4.00 Junior and senior sparring
Please note that anybody wishing to be considered for either individual or team pattern should attend the appropriate pattern session. This includes people who have already been selected for individual pattern as a result of winning their division at the Irish Cup.
As this is the final selection session, please ensure that you come fully prepared and ready to perform in any event in which you wish to be considered for selection.
The cost of the session is €10
If anybody has any questions, please contact me via mobile (086 857 0144) or via email (email@example.com). If for some reason, you cannot attend the session, please contact the team manager, Mr Ken Leahy (087 675 4029).
Directions to Clondalkin Leisure Centre
From Bewleys Hotel @ Newlands Cross
• At Newlands Cross, turn in to pass Bewley’s hotel on your left
• Continue straight through the traffic lights at the next junction, pass the Topaz garage on your left
• Continue straight through traffic lights at the next junction
• Continue straight crossing bridge and straight through the mini-roundabout
• At the large roundabout, Do a U-turn coming back onto the same road
• Take the first left turn
• The entrance to Clondalkin Leisure Centre is approximately 200 metres ahead on the right.
• The entrance is opposite a Gaelscoil (with a green railings) and there is a small brick wall at the gate. If you get to McDonalds you have gone too far.
Posted by Stephen Ryan